CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

My First 5K

I forgot to update everyone on my first 5K race. Our whole family ran a race in April - The Sprint for Cancer. Jim ran with Jenna who participated in the Spring Girls on the Run program. Julia, Julia's friend, and Jayne ran together and I ran with Jessica. We were off to a fantastic start and kept up a good pace. We only had about a mile and a half to go and Jessica broke out in a horrible rash all over. She was crying and wanted me to carry her the rest of the way. There was no way that was going to happen! Then she sat on the curb and told me "Go on mom, you can come back to get me when you finish the race." Yeah, like that was going to happen in downtown Atlanta!! After almost 20 minutes of this, I told her we could walk the rest of the way. We did and she scratched the whole way back. My poor little baby!!! We crossed the finish line in barely less than an hour. Yea!!! We did it!!!! She told me no more races for her! They were just to itchy! LOL! Our finishing time wasn't the best, but at least we weren't the last to finish. :-)

1 comments:

Unknown said...

At least you finished. Good for you.

Hey, my blog feed is dead. So, if you want to read more of my nonsense posts, you'll have t ore-subscribe. Curse you, Feedburner.