CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Lazy Days of Summer

The perks of being a teacher - Summer Break! Do you remember when summer lasted forever - June, July, and August? I was so ready to go back to school as a kid when summer was over. Now we have to go back just when summer is getting started. Yes I am already counting down the days that we have to go back to school - I go back on August 3rd and the kids come on August 7th! The first week in August!!! Now did I say that we have some awesome breaks during the school year? A week off for Thanksgiving, 2 1/2 weeks for Christmas, 1 week off in February - Winter Break, and 1 week off in April - Spring Break. And, a few days here and there for Labor Day, MLK day, etc...

So far I've tried to make it a memorable summer for my girls. We went to Rosemary Beach, Fl. last week. Julia will be going to church camp next week. We are going berry picking next week. Then, Six Flags in a couple of weeks. The Georgia Aquarium next week (season passes!) - thanks grandparents!! Swimming, Tennis Camp....Whew, I'm worn out already. I guess I need a summer of doing absolutely nothing in order to be ready to go back to school when summer is just getting started! Hence, "The Lazy Days of Summer." I'm sure you all feel my pain - especially my friends that don't get the perk of having summers off - even if the powers that be have shortened the summers.

0 comments: